April 19, 2019
Symcor’s online Privacy STATEMENT
As a leading provider of business process outsourcing services, protecting privacy and maintaining trust is core to how Symcor conducts its business.
This Online Privacy Statement applies to the personal information we collect when you use our website. It explains how we collect and use personal information on our website and how personal information may be shared. This Online Privacy Statement also sets out the measures we take to help protect your personal information and how you may contact us about our privacy practices.
COLLECTION AND USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Symcor strives to limit the amount of personal information collected to that which is necessary and appropriate for the identified purposes. We collect and use your personal information for the purposes identified below, or as permitted or required by applicable law.
- Careers: Symcor regularly posts available positions. If you apply for a position in the “Careers” section of our website, you may provide us with certain personal information about yourself, such as information contained in a resume, cover letter, or similar employment-related materials. We may also collect personal information contained in your LinkedIn profile, blog, website or portfolio. We use this information for the purpose of processing and responding to your application and assessing your suitability for current and future career opportunities.
- Communications: We may offer you the ability to sign up to receive communications from Symcor about resources, promotions, news, events, and other information about our products and services. We collect certain information (such as first and last name, company name, email address or phone number) in order to send you the communications you have requested to receive. You can opt out of receiving email from us by following the opt-out or “unsubscribe” instructions provided in the email or other message, or by contacting us as set out below. Please note that you may continue to receive transactional and account-related electronic messages from us.
- Website Visits: We may collect information about your visits to our website, including the pages you view, the links you click, search terms you enter, and other actions you take in connection with your visit. We may also collect certain information from the browser you use to visit our websites, such as your Internet Protocol (IP) address, browser type and language, access times, the Uniform Resource Locator (URL) of the website (in aggregate) that referred you to our websites and any URLs you select on our websites.
- Contact Us: If you contact us with an inquiry, you may provide information that identifies you, such as your name, address and a telephone number, along with additional information we need to help us promptly answer your inquiry. We may retain this information to assist you in the future and to improve our customer service and service offerings.
SHARING OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Symcor will not disclose your personal information to third parties without your consent, except as set forth below or as permitted or required by applicable law.
We may transfer and/or disclose personal information that you provide as follows:
- Service Providers: The personal information you provide to Symcor may be shared with, or otherwise made available to, certain third parties that perform services on Symcor’s behalf, including CareerBuilder for employment applications. We may transfer personal information about you to countries other than the country in which the information was originally collected, including to the United States and other foreign jurisdictions in accordance with applicable law. In the event personal information is transferred to the U.S. or other foreign jurisdiction, it will be subject to the laws of that jurisdiction and may be disclosed to or accessed by the courts, law enforcement and governmental authorities in accordance with those laws.
- Legal: Symcor may disclose your personal information in response to a search warrant or other legally valid inquiry or order (which may include lawful access by Canadian, US or other foreign governmental authorities, courts or law enforcement agencies), to other organizations in the case of investigating a breach of an agreement or contravention of law or detecting, suppressing or preventing fraud, or as otherwise required or permitted by applicable Canadian, US or other law, legal process or regulation. Your personal information may also be disclosed where necessary for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims and to investigate or prevent actual or suspected loss or harm to persons or property.
- Sale or Assignment of Business: Personal information may be provided to third parties in connection with a business transaction, including a prospective or completed merger, acquisition or sale (including transfers made as part of insolvency or bankruptcy proceedings) involving all or part of Symcor, or as part of a corporate reorganization or other change in corporate control, including for the purpose of determining whether to proceed or continue with such transaction or business relationship.
INFORMATION ABOUT OUR WEBSITE
- Visiting our Website: We collect the IP (Internet protocol) addresses of all visitors to our website and other related information such as pages visited, time of visit, type of browser used, operating system and average time spent on our website.
You can also obtain additional information on Google Analytics’ collection and processing of data and data privacy and security at the following links:
- Cookies: Our website may use “cookies”, a technology that installs information on your computer to permit the website to recognize future visits using that computer. Cookies are used to enhance the convenience of our website. You can disable certain cookies on your browser. This may affect the browsing experience and functionality of our website or restrict your access to certain parts of our website.
SECURITY OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We understand that security is critical to individuals who provide us with their personal information. As part of our commitment to privacy and security, we have implemented reasonable physical, technical and administrative safeguards to help protect personal information in our custody and control.
RETENTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We have personal information retention processes designed to retain personal information for no longer than necessary for the purposes set out in this Online Privacy Statement or to otherwise meet legal or regulatory requirements.
ACCESS TO PERSONAL INFORMATION
If you submit personal information via our website, or otherwise provide us with your personal information, you may request to access, update or correct your personal information (subject to limited exceptions prescribed by law) by submitting a written request to our Privacy Officer (see “Contact Us” below). We may request certain personal information for the purposes of verifying your identity.
CHANGES TO THIS PRIVACY STATEMENT
This Online Privacy Statement may be updated periodically to reflect changes to our personal information practices for this Symcor website. The revised Online Privacy Statement will be posted on the website. We strongly encourage you to refer to this Online Privacy Statement for the latest information about our personal information practices.
If you have any questions or comments about this Online Privacy Statement or our personal information practices, please contact us at email@example.com or by mail at:
Symcor Privacy Office
1 Robert Speck Parkway, Suite 400