Frequently Asked Questions
As the situation with COVID-19 evolves, we believe that ongoing and timely communication is essential. Symcor is dedicated to maintaining a consistent cadence of communications including answering any questions you may have.
If you would like more information or have any COVID-19 related inquiries, please submit your questions to firstname.lastname@example.org
Describe the measures that Symcor has put in place to mitigate the risks arising from the COVID-19 pandemic?
The safety and well-being of our employees, Clients, and partners is of paramount importance to us at Symcor. Symcor has activated a robust COVID-19 Pandemic Response Plan to protect our employees and to support our Clients with the same trusted service and high standards you have come to expect.
Symcor continues to monitor the situation closely and trigger appropriate actions as the situation changes.
Our measures to ensure continuity of business and service excellence include:
- Maintaining a high level of hygiene protocols at our facilities across Canada
- Frequent cleaning of all tabletops and door handles
- Wiping down of all surface areas with specialized cleaning products
- Providing employees with protective wear, such as gloves, to perform tasks
- Working with employees to determine alternative transportation options if public transportation schedules are impacted
- Physical separation of support teams in different buildings
- Practicing social/physical distancing
- Enforcing a work from home policy for our team members in Symcor offices
- Increasing distance between employees at sites by relocating workstations
- Reducing non-essential maintenance on all equipment and limiting visitors
- Hosting internal and external meetings through video conferencing and teleconferencing
- Ensuring employee preparedness to assist with alternative work packages as required
- Communicating a consistent cadence of messages to our employees and other stakeholders, including Client governance teams
Does your Business Continuity Plan include pandemic planning and preparedness?
Yes, Symcor’s Business Continuity Plan includes pandemic planning and preparedness. Symcor's Pandemic Plan lays out specific tasks to be completed by various members of the Crisis Management Team and representatives from key departments within the company. It is a framework of action, with the goal of mitigating the impact of a pandemic event and continuing to provide contracted services. Regional Site Response Teams will work with the Crisis Management Team (CMT) from our corporate office, who report to a committee of executives.
Some provinces have declared a lock-down to all business, excluding essential services. Is Symcor an essential service?
Symcor fulfills a critical role in the direct supply chain for Financial Institutions and other commercial entities, in particular with respect to remittance, data services, clearing and settlement of cheques and provision of statements. Symcor’s role is necessary and essential to support the financial sector and our Clients in support of the payments infrastructure in Canada.
Have the scheduled Client tours, onsite quality checks and any other meetings with Clients at Symcor facilities been suspended?
All tours and meetings have been suspended. Onsite quality checks by Clients have been temporarily deferred. In lieu of Client participation in onsite quality checks, Symcor may either courier or email the output to Clients.
Have any changes been made to the Symcor Service Support?
No changes have been made to Symcor Service Support.
For any inquiries regarding a service that you subscribe to with Symcor, or a request for support unrelated to COVID-19, please route your question to our Service Desk, which is available 24/7 to answer your questions. If you are a branch employee and have a question related to your financial institution, please contact your organization’s governance team, vendor management team, or your manager for assistance.
Whom should I contact in case I need a Change in Service(s)?
Should you require a change in the service you receive from Symcor today, please submit a Change Request to our Change Control team for assessment.
At this time, we are not able to fulfill any COVID-19 related Change Requests for operational process changes.
We continue to implement Client initiated changes to service delivery as a result of branch closures and other impacts to your business. If you are a branch employee and have a question related to your financial institution, please contact your governance team, vendor management team, or your manager for assistance.
Has Symcor experienced any service disruptions due to COVID-19?
Symcor has had to make some adjustments to our operations due to COVID-19. However, to date, there has been no material impact to Clients. We are committed to continue supporting your business with the same trusted service and high standards you have come to expect.